PRIVATE PILOT COURSE
Completion of the Private Pilot Certification is an initial certification that will allow a pilot to fly
passengers without an instructor onboard. It will not allow the pilot to fly for compensation.
- Minimum 17 years of age prior to course completion.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold a valid 3rd Class FAA medical certificate.
- Hold a FAA Student Pilot Certificate prior to Solo Flight.
- 40 hours of flight time
- 20 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor
- 3 hours of dual cross-country flight training
- 3 hours of dual night flight training
- 10 hours of solo flight time
- 35 hours of Ground Instruction
- Pass the FAA Knowledge Test
- Pass the FAA Practical Exam