LIGHT SPORT PILOT COURSE
Interested in flying just for fun? The Sport Pilot Certificate can get you to your goal with less training hours and fewer FAA requirements. Train in our new Cessna 162 Skycatcher.
- Minimum 17 years of age prior to course completion.
- Able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Hold a FAA Student Pilot Certificate prior to Solo Flight.
- 20 hours of flight time
- 15 hours of flight training from an authorized instructor
- 2 hours of dual cross-country flight training
- 5 hours of solo time
- Cross country solo flight of 75 miles or more to two different destinations to a full stop landing.
- State drivers license or a current third class medical certificate, provided not previously rejected for a FAA Airman Medical Certificate
- Pass the FAA Knowledge Test
- Pass the FAA Practical Exam